Featured Post

How Can I Work From Home With A Baby?

One of the perks of having to work at home is being able to spend time with your family but having a baby in your work space is not easy and I can say that because I personally work at home with one. Here are my tips for you, including jobs that you can and cannot do in this circumstance. Courtesy: John Crestani Super Affiliate System Wah! Wah! How do you work at home with a baby? Okay. I have a baby. I have a 2-year-old and I have another little girl on the way. So, I have a lot of experience about how to work at home with a baby. And I'm going to be going over in this video how you can work at home with a baby whether you can send them today or whether you just can't. I can't stand when it cries like that. I just have to go over and cuddle it. And I don't want to get fired from my job. Working at home with the baby is hard okay? I work at home with a baby and it can get frustrating sometimes because sometimes you just have to drop everything you're doing. Not d

Keto Diet Explained - How To Be On The Keto Diet The Healthy Way

Wellness physician Dr. Josh Axe explains the difference between the regular keto and dirty keto diets. Then, Dr. Oz addresses concerns about some of the unhealthy foods that can be consumed on the dirty keto diet.
Courtesy: DoctorOz
28 day keto diet review bali cowboy
==========
You can’t go anywhere, talk to anyone without hearing that word “keto”

And this the happy relatives around the keto diet the other half say they can't wait to start. But have you ever wondered if you or your friends and family are doing keto all wrong ?

Today, we have the answer. Take a look at these photos. There they're flooding Instagram right under the hashtag dirty keto They're saying for example look at this one it says tacos with a taco shell made from fried cheese. I mean it looks good but could you wait lose weight with that how about this one so it says a plate full of convenience store snacks and this is really fantastic even a pizza pie with all fried cheese crust and they're still losing weight.

Also read: Keto Advanced Weight Loss - The Benefits Of The Keto Diet And How It Helped Montel Williams

So what's the catch? Magician expert and best-selling author Josh Axe is here. Dr. Axe gonna help us figure this out I think a lot of us are doing keto either they didn't do it the right way to begin with or they've tipped into “dirty keto”

So, I want you to if you can't explain to us what “regular keto” is and what “dirty keto” is so we know what we're really doing to ourselves.

Yes, so “regular keto”, dr. Oz is number one we want to get clean sources of protein: wild-caught fish, grass-fed beef, legumes and beans. Then the big part of the diet is 75% healthy fat… avocados, coconut, cacao dark chocolate, nuts and seeds flax seeds.

We should be doing loads and loads of healthy fats and then our 5% carbs here. And that's part of the key of getting into keto as you lower the carbs your body gets in that fat-burning zone but those carbs you want them to come from nutrient-dense vegetables loaded with vitamins and minerals. That's really the key to doing it the right way.

This is a healthy that no matter how you mix up the macronutrients ok what is “dirty keto” ?

So now “dirty keto” here's a surprising thing it's the exact same macros but you're just getting the completely wrong food in your diet for instance you know we see this on Instagram but you're 20% of your proteins are coming from conventional beef and pork and bacon and you know a lot of your fat is coming from processed dairy and cheese and then your 5% carbs are coming from things like low carb pizza that's full of preservatives and other chemicals so not good it's really dirty.

All right, so yeah now we know dirty versus clean some people own it right you dive right into the dirty version of keto and I see those posts all the time you're very proud of it. But other people have tipped in to being the dirty keto and haven't even appreciated it. You've seen a lot of confusion amongst your pages what are they saying to you?

Yeah, well one of the things I see pretty frequently for instance I had a patient come in he said, Dr. Axe I'm on this new thing called the keto diet and I said hey that's great. Where did you learn about it ? He said social media and I said well what are you eating for breakfast lunch and dinner? I promise you this is what he was eating for breakfast butter, bacon and eggs. For lunch he would do a bacon burger and for dinner… ready ?

Yes

A bacon burger oh that was his entire diet

Was he losing weight?

You know here's the thing is he was losing weight, he did. He lost about 15 pounds in 30 days but here's the thing he was still sick on the inside. He was bloated, he was fatigued, he wasn't feeling, well… I think got him on eating the real keto diet the right way he continued to lose weight and continue to see even better result

Come on… why don't you meet someone Debbie's here because she's thinking about keto. She sees all these delicious high fat foods and Instagram like the rest of us. And you want to know a little bit more about this it does dirty keto work is that safe you just told us a patient of yours lost 15 pounds so it does seem to work.

Debbie what's what does “dirty keto” mean to you, what's the appeal?

Going through a fast fast food joint drive-through this is what dirty keto you know means to me it's a quick easy food that you could just take the bun off the meat and you're set to go

Somebody work walk you through some of things I get concerned about when I hear people pull into a fast food joint get them the burger without the bun think they're on keto. And a lot of you hearing about this with met fan members and yourselves eating unhealthy food and worrying about the saturated fats that could be concerned it has always been a concern it could be really an issue for your heart.

Let's go inside an artery and show you what is the big issue for doctors. Now the arteries inside the heart their passes way to life they bring nourishing blood everywhere the lining is very thin if it starts to get thickened because you're building a plaque over time especially a bit inflammation watch what happens. The flame plaque is prone to this a rupture. It gets irritated and that little plaque begins to pull off. Now you better open scab inside the body buddy wants to heal that scab it starts to put blood in there because your inflamed and that scab now blocks off the artery completely so no blood can get through and feed the heart. It has same thing can happen in the brain it can happen in other organs leading to strokes and heart attacks.

But if heart disease feels like something way off in the future. Wow don't worry about that because you're losing weight you're feeling good now right?

Why eat enough diet full of pork rinds I hear ya. This doesn't seem like it's an urgent issue but denying yourself the micronutrients the good stuff and food could be affecting your body right this minute. And I want you to do someone that I care a lot about one of my producers Sasha who has discovered this brag on Sasha per second, a wonderful mother wanted to lose some weight went on “dirty keto” about four months ago we've been hearing about we've been watching her on Instagram and that's what I've been able to identify what you're eating how many of all much weight did you lose?

33 pounds in about four months. But when I first started the keto plan I was all in doing it right eating the healthy fats but then life happens. And then I started going for the shortcuts going on Instagram seeing that you can you know fry up some cheese or eat some bacon do the pork rinds I'd never had pork rinds before and I thought oh my god I can have this on keto so even though I did continue to lose the weight I was feeling more tired, I was feeling bloated even and I just noticed that I needed to kind of like switch back and get back on the right track

Dr. Axe concerns about pork rinds and a lot of other things that she's posted by the way go check her out

Oh yeah check out my Instagram but getting the bacon, the pork rinds cuz I'm on the go and I'm running fast but on Instagram they're like these are keto friendly, keto friendly then I get excited

Yeah well I think you know one of the things to know is is that some of the symptoms you're talking about you mentioned the bloating the lack of energy those are symptoms of what we call keto flu which is really common and that can happen even when you're doing the keto diet the right way but typically the symptoms are less severe when you're doing dirty keto the symptoms get exacerbated it can even lead to other health problems like constant dehydration, other flu-like symptoms so we not only want people to lose weight, we want people to be healthy on the inside getting those vitamins in minerals to help nourish our organs

Yeah we haven't done big medical studies to prove all this yet but you mentioned inflammation that was the issue at the heart attacks nutrient deficiencies, skin disorders…

Yeah these are really calm you know inflammation is a major cause of arthritis heart disease, chronic pain you know when we're talking about some of the other conditions nutritional deficiency you can be deficient in vitamin B12 your energy vitamin magnesium and zinc for your immune system and also here's the big thing rebounding weight get weight gain a lot of people when they're not you doing this as a lifestyle eating these real foods they will gain the weight back really quickly

The weight kind of like halted when I'm in that like dirty like in a rush phase and I'm not really thinking about what I'm eating the weight kind of does halt the weight loss

So what changes do you recommend to Sasha and others so they can keep losing the weight or stabilize where they want to be without tipping in the “dirty keto” ?

Well here's the truth it's people can do the keto diet the right way and eat amazing and delicious food you know some of my favorite things I've had my patients do is I've had them consume things like almond butter with some really dark chocolate that's delicious you know guacamole is a really high fat healthy food and then also you know there are recipes online now some are really bad okay and the fried cheese but there are recipes for keto chocolate chip cookies, keto pancakes, keto brownies where they're using almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, natural sweeteners in fact I have a lot of those you know foods in my book you can find a lot online but again there's a right way to do keto that can still taste delicious

Yeah and I want to lose weight I just don't want to be tired or feel bloated

I wish I was working even harder at this is impossible I know I need more energy

Sure

Subscribe to my channel so you don't miss anything remember to check back often to see what's new